I have multiple interests. This makes it hard for readers to make sense of the content on this site, as it is varied and diverse.
- Books, music, film
- Cookery and food
- Genetic genealogy / memoir
- My Internet marketing agency is Lanna Digital
- I publish Thai language and culture publications at Memorable Thai
- I publish classic works of literature at Classics Press
- I publish childhood research at the Childhood Research Jouranl
I have two newsletters: personal and technical. Personal includes poetry, parenting, books, cooking, genealogy, and education. Technical includes devops, linux, open source, and the technical web.
Experience and Interests
- 25 years of network engineering and technical Internet
- 12 years of Internet marketing (strategy, brand-building, advertising, SEO)
- 12 years of publishing (digital and print)
- 7 years of university teaching
My professional interests inlcude marketing consulting, publishing, and open source software. We have two small children so early childhood development and healthy living are important to our family. I am a technologist, a writer, a marketer, a husband and father.
Internet Marketing Consultant (2009 - Present)
Internet marketing (strategy, brand building, SEO, SEM, CRO) for the past 12 years, working on projects in Europe, the United States, India, Indonesia, Thailand, and Vietnam.
University Lecturer (2001 - 2009)
7 years teaching undergraduate courses and seminars in marketing, public relations, communication, management, and networking, while attending a PhD program at the tier 1 research university, the University of Hawaii at Manoa. Columbia Communications Scholar.
Network Engineer (1994 - 2000)
Spent 6 years in Information Technology in Fortune 1,000 corporate environments, deploying and managing email, file, database, and web servers in the US, Europe, and Asia. This included network architecture, network security, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
Doctoral Degree (2001 - 2009)
PhD Communication and Information Sciences, University of Hawaii at Manoa (ABD)
Master's Degree (1999 - 2001)
MS Information Management and Systems, University of California at Berkeley. UC Regents Scholar.
Bachelor's Degree (1991 - 1994)
BA Interdisciplinary Studies, University of California at Berkeley. Magna cum Laude. Phi Beta Kappa.