Scones are a great breakfast or anytime snack. Great warm with butter and jam, or by themselves. They can be a bit dry even with all the butter.
The quality of a scone is based on the ingredients, which means quality flour, butter, eggs, and if desired, vanilla, and cashews.
Total time about 25 minutes, prep time 15 minutes.
- 200g flour (00)
- 100g refrigerated unsalted butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 TBSP sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 50g milk (if needed)
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 100g chopped cashew nut (optional)
- baking parchment
- square baking pan
- mixing bowl
- Mix together flour, sugar, and baking powder
- Add and mix salt
- Cut butter into small pieces
- Combine butter and dry ingredients together by hand
- Beat eggs and add most to the combined ingredients, using a spatula
- Save some beaten egg for egg wash to top scones
- If too dry, add some milk
- Spoon out mixture into 9 scones on a square baking pan
- Bake at 230c for 11 minutes or until golden brown on top