"I don't eat raw fish because of what I've seen," admitted the fish purveyor, who sells to many of the city's top restaurants. "I don't eat sushi anymore."
"I urge people not to cook whole fish because the parasites can hide in the head and gills."
Wild vs. Farmed Fish Toxins
Gravilax (Cured Salmon)
- How to make Gravilax - Serious Eats
- Gravadlax - BBC Good Food
- Gravlax - Cooking for Engineers, with lots of commentary
- Frozen wild salmon (King if possible, high fat content)
- Course salt (or half amount for table salt)
- Fresh dill
- Do press
- 3 days (18 hour turns)
Thai Liver Flukes in Koi Bplaa
- Deadly dish: the dinner that can give you cancer, 20,000 people per year die of liver cancer from eating this dish
- Thai doctor fights against carcinogenic raw fish dish that killed his parents
- In Thailand, Love of Food Carries Deadly Risks