The best approach I have seen is to basically use a blender with whipping cream, add honey (or sugar, not condensed milk), and then add additional items to this base, such as:
- Vanilla extract and vanilla bean caviar (add the spent pod to your sugar jar)
- Cacao and chocolate chips
- Strawberry compote (extra honey if especially sour)
Basically, figure out the mason jar sizes to be used, and halve that for the amount of whipping cream needed. For 16oz Ball Jars, use 100ml of whipping cream, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and 2 tbsp honey or sugar, for the base.
We did about 6 x 150g jars to start: two each of vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry.
- Base was 750g real whipping cream, 150g honey, 100g blonde sugar reduced in 50g water
- For vanilla, 1/2 pod of fresh vanilla caviar added to the base
- For chocolate, 1 TBSP cacao, and about 25g of 65% cacao unsweetened dark chocolate chips added to the base
- For strawberry, 50g of compote plus 25g honey (as the compote was unsweetened)
We stuck this in 230g jars, into the freezer after whipping into a frenzy and mixing a bit.
We did not follow all these recipes, but they did provide inspiration: