One annoying phrase which tends to be more useless than anything is: > We can agree to disagree Thanks to Wikipedia we know that this phrase may be close to 250 years old. We also know that it implies a kind of tolerance but lack of acceptance of another persons' position. However, there are several problems with this: * If someone simply understands the position, but disagrees with it, why not just say that? * Agree to disagree at the syntactical level is a contradiction * The other side may not in fact agree to the agreement to disagree The basic idiocy of this phrase is best characterized by it's being named a thought-terminating cliché.
Predicting the future, as we all know, is risky. Predicting the evolution of new technology is downright hazardous.
— Leon Cooper
- Paypal vs. Stripe
- WooCommerce Paypal Settings
- Telegram for Social Networking
- Syncthing – Dropbox & GDrive Alternative
- APT – Advanced Package Tool
- Delete Site Cache from Chrome
- Tidying Up Digitally
- Toddler Constipation – Not Pooping!
- Top 10 Basic Video/Photo Mistakes
- Construction Innovation
- Podcast Platforms
- Generic Roadmap
- Reverse Sear – Redneck Sous Vide
- New Year 2019 CE / 2562 BE
- DNS Records and Services
- WordPress – Soup to Nuts
- WordPress 5 – Automattic Waterloo
- CMS Maturity Hallmarks
- Power Law & Second Languages
- Mnemonic Devices and Learning