One annoying phrase which tends to be more useless than anything is: > We can agree to disagree Thanks to Wikipedia we know that this phrase may be close to 250 years old. We also know that it implies a kind of tolerance but lack of acceptance of another persons' position. However, there are several problems with this: * If someone simply understands the position, but disagrees with it, why not just say that? * Agree to disagree at the syntactical level is a contradiction * The other side may not in fact agree to the agreement to disagree The basic idiocy of this phrase is best characterized by it's being named a thought-terminating cliché.
There is much to be said in favor of modern journalism. By giving us the opinions of the uneducated, it keeps us in touch with the ignorance of the community.
— Oscar Wilde
- Ten Million Years
- The Problem with H1
- The World Until Yesterday – Book Review
- Paypal vs. Stripe
- WooCommerce Paypal Settings
- Telegram for Social Networking
- Syncthing = Dropbox & GDrive Alternative
- APT – Advanced Package Tool
- Delete Site Cache from Chrome
- Tidying Up Digitally
- Toddler Constipation – Not Pooping!
- Top 10 Basic Video/Photo Mistakes
- Construction Innovation
- Podcast Platforms
- Generic Roadmap
- Reverse Sear Redneck Sous Vide
- New Year 2019 CE / 2562 BE
- DNS Records and Services
- WordPress – Soup to Nuts
- WordPress 5 – Automattic Waterloo