I've had some trouble troubleshooting a problem with a site. Regular browsers had no problem, and the certificate appeared fine. However, Bingbot was getting failure (503) on trying to access robots.txt. Once I allowed that to be available via http, the problem went away. Looking further I found some ideas: - Bingbot had a problem with SNI, specifically for the robots.txt and sitemap.xml parsing. - I could see Bingbot accessing pages inside the site, but not the key pages. Also, attempts on Fetch as Bingbot in Bing Webmaster yielded the same 503 error (which is a security error). - Finally I found the only page in the Google index which used the terms: "bingbot" "AH02261: Re-negotiation handshake failed". Multiple double-quoted phrases can be effective at the wheat/chaf problem. Turns out there was a problem when updating the LetsEncrypt certificate that it created a new cert but did not rewrite to the ssl.conf file. I manually edited to that old one, then recreated the cert again (which it automatically shifted to the first cert/priv/chain filenames, but this time did rewrite those urls in ssl.conf).
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
— Joseph Campbell
- Metric vs. Imperialism
- Ten Million Years
- The Problem with H1
- The World Until Yesterday – Book Review
- Paypal vs. Stripe
- WooCommerce Paypal Settings
- Telegram for Social Networking
- Syncthing = Dropbox & GDrive Alternative
- APT – Advanced Package Tool
- Delete Site Cache from Chrome
- Tidying Up Digitally
- Toddler Constipation – Not Pooping!
- Top 10 Basic Video/Photo Mistakes
- Construction Innovation
- Podcast Platforms
- Generic Roadmap
- Reverse Sear Redneck Sous Vide
- New Year 2019 CE / 2562 BE
- DNS Records and Services
- WordPress – Soup to Nuts