Favorite french baked good. Need a caneles mould.
- Too sweet and did not brown through.
- Cut back on sugar by half, and
- cook for 1 hr 3 mins.
- Do not need butter with my caneles mould.
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 500 ml milk
- 50 g butter + small amount of softened butter for coating insides of moulds
- 4 eggs
- 250 g sugar (powdered preferred)
- 100 g flour
- Scald milk with vanilla
- mix in butter
remove and cool
separate two eggs
- combine two whole eggs and two egg yolks, sugar, and flour
- strain buttery milk into batter and beat until smooth
chill in fridge for 1 hour
oven to 200 c
- brush insides of moulds or tray with softened butter
pour in chilled mixture almost to top
bake for 15 minutes
- turn temp. down to 190 c, bake for 30 minutes or until crisp on outside
- remove from oven
- cool for 5 minutes, then knock them out of the mould to cool individually