With a significant number of people in Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar without electricity (as well as a number in Thailand and Vietnam who are not accounted for in the official numbers on electricity access), power generation is of strong interest. Instead of expensive, larger scale projects (which are of course also important) something like *Gravity-Powered Lighting) would be strongly in demand if available. Enter Gravity Light an organization with a singular product focus. The idea that local manufacturing and also as a product for sale seems to be the big winner here as well. If the product is desirable enough, and at an affordable price (perhaps with some government subsidies for the poorest populations), then indeed such a venture will create jobs as well as significantly improve the lives of those who use the product. We learned about this project from the Gravity Light 2 Indiegogo campaign.
Be nice to people on your way up because you meet them on your way down.
— Jimmy Durante
- Ten Million Years
- The Problem with H1
- The World Until Yesterday – Book Review
- Paypal vs. Stripe
- WooCommerce Paypal Settings
- Telegram for Social Networking
- Syncthing = Dropbox & GDrive Alternative
- APT – Advanced Package Tool
- Delete Site Cache from Chrome
- Tidying Up Digitally
- Toddler Constipation – Not Pooping!
- Top 10 Basic Video/Photo Mistakes
- Construction Innovation
- Podcast Platforms
- Generic Roadmap
- Reverse Sear – Redneck Sous Vide
- New Year 2019 CE / 2562 BE
- DNS Records and Services
- WordPress – Soup to Nuts
- WordPress 5 – Automattic Waterloo